This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Enoch Vean Bed & Breakfast
Enoch Vean Bed and Breakfast Suite is located in the Lizard Village, the most southerly village in mainland England.
The Bungalow is a timber framed building believed to have been used as a wireless station in the First World War. The property has been totally refurbished, however, whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some features of the property which may make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
The accommodation is a suite of rooms comprising of a double bedroom, ensuite bathroom and private lounge/breakfast room. We have one suite only.
We offer ground floor accommodation which is within a two minute walk of the centre of the village. The property has panoramic views across countryside to the sea.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01326 291170 or email email@example.com.
- We are located approximately 11 miles from Helston.
- For full details of how to reach us please see the location and contact section of our website.
- The nearest bus stop is 2 minutes away in the village centre. There is a bus shelter with seating. The bus service is the First Kernow Lizard to Redruth service ( Route No 37). Buses run hourly to Helston.
- Redruth railway station is approximately 21 miles away.
- A taxi service is available in the village.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pets but do welcome assistance dogs.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Car parking is on the lane outside the property.
- Access to Enoch Vean is through a garden gate via a cobbled courtyard leading to the front door.
- This area is well lit at night by a motion sensor light.
- Entry step of 150mm (6inches) at the front door which is 700mm wide (27.5 inches). A ramp can be provided on request
- Help is available with luggage if required.
- Guests are welcomed in the entrance hallway which is level throughout with a non-slip tiled floor.
- A bench seat is available
- The area is well lit with ceiling spot lights.
The Bed & Breakfast Suite
- Ground floor Suite of Rooms is accessed through a 710mm (28ins) level entry door way from the entrance hallway.
- A short corridor leads in to the lounge/ breakfast room area. The corridor is 1200mm (48ins) long and 860mm (34ins) wide.
- The lounge/breakfast room has a wooden floor with a central rug.
- Double doors 1250mm (49ins) wide allow plenty of natural light supplemented by a central ceiling light and table lamp.
- The double doors lead to an elevated sun deck with an outdoor table and chairs.
- There is a sofa bed to accommodate an extra person if needed and a comfortable armchair.
- A sideboard is supplied with cutlery and crockery and a silent mini fridge.
- The dining table is 750mm (29.5ins) high with seating for two people.
- Flat screen Freeview digital TV/DVD with subtitles is provided
- The bedroom is accessed through the lounge via a 710mm (28ins) wide level entry doorway.
- The bedroom has fitted bedroom furniture, wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside tables.
- The height of the king size double bed is 600mm (24ins) to the top of the mattress and can be accessed from both sides.
- The Bedroom is lit by a central ceiling light pendant and two bedside lamps.
- Wall mounted flat screen Freeview TV with subtitles is provided.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- The ensuite bathroom is accessed through a 640mm (25ins) wide level entry doorway from the bedroom.
- Bath is 60mm (23.5ins) high with lever mixer tap and over bath shower and separate hand held shower fixture. Non slip bath mat is provided.
- Toilet is 400mm (16ins) high.
- Wash basin in vanity unit is 900mm (36ins) high with lever mixer tap.
- The room is well lit with ceiling spot lights and LED mirror.
- The floor is tiled with non-slip marble floor tiles.
- 6 steps 170mm (6.5ins) deep lead from the sun deck down to the garden
- The garden slopes gently downwards and is laid to lawn with flower borders
- Guests may use the garden as a designated smoking area as smoking is not permitted in the property.
- In Case of Fire instructions are provided for Guests.
- There is a Guest Information folder with information on NHS facilities, local pubs and restaurants and places to visit.
- Free Wi- Fi facilities are available for guests.
- The property has full central heating.
- We will do all we can to cater for special dietary requirements or allergies. Please notify us at the time of booking.
- Mobile phone reception at Enoch Vean is very limited. In an emergency you are welcome to use the landline.
- The Suite is decorated in a neutral scheme by accents of colour provided by wallpaper, cushions, towels and bedlinen.
|Address (Inc postcode):||Enoch Vean The Lizard Helston TR12 7NX|
|Hours Of Operation:||Flexible within reason|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||Mullion Taxis 07415 773 773|
|Local Public Transport:||Public Transport Information 0871 200 22 33 8am to 8pm 7 days a week www.travelinesw.com|